How Google My Business improves your SEO Rankings
Google is soon becoming a big part of how users discover your products and services in their area. Google My Business is a free and easy to use tool for any business and organisation when it comes to managing your online presence across Google. As per the latest search engine ranking factors, it plays a significant role in improving your local SEO rankings.
Google My Business takes into account various factors to determine rankings for businesses such as the relevance, distance and prominence of the business :
- Relevance determines, how well your business fits the searching criteria of a particular customer. Be very specific and clear about your business objectives when filing in the details.
- Distance plays a major role in ranking your business. GMB guides the customer to your business when your location is perfectly specified.
- Prominence defines the regular updates that you add to your business. It could be adding new photos or managing reviews.
Google My Business Optimization Tips :
- Provide as much information as you can about your business. Make sure that it is in tune with the information that you have provided on your site.
- Add a wide range of information such as details on your business categories, hours of operation and so on and so forth.
- You can also add photos, videos and blogs to your website for a personal touch.
- Add NAP – your name, address and phone number to ensure that your business appears in directories such as Yelp. Cross check and make sure that it is exactly the same as in your GMB listings.
- Create local content that matches with your chosen keywords and business location.
- Ask your customers to review your business online and make your listings as attractive as possible.
- The more places you embed your map, the better your rankings will improve.
All in all, always remember dead profiles are not good and so it is very important to keep updating your GMB details whenever possible to improve your SEO rankings.